Friday, July 23, 2010

George Michael's House Overrun by Jitterbugs


South Kensington, London

He said "I want to Jitterbug" in 1984 and George Michael meant it. But he didn't expect it to happen 26 years later. The famed singer of Wham was awoken early Friday morning by the rustle of over 300 Jitterbugs.

"I thought I was dreaming. But I wasn't. There were hundreds of Jitterbugs dancing in my living room," said the stunned Michael. "I know I've been boozing it a bit. But I don't remember letting all these Jitterbugs into my house."

Superintendent Jane Johnson of the Kensington and Chelsea Metropolitan Police Department, who was on scene at the time of the incident said, "We regularly get calls about the noise at Mr. Michael's home. But nothing like this."

After the police broke the party up shortly after 3:30 am, order was restored and no charges were filed. Michael was quoted as saying "I want to your sex does not mean I want your insects." A spokesman for the Jitterbugs said, "We did nothing wrong. He told us to wake him up before we go-go. He didn't want to be hanging on like a yo-yo."

-Silly's Soft News

Silly's Soft News, your silly news source...updated whenever we are feeling particularly silly.